The types of personal information we collect from you will depend on the circumstances in which that information is provided and the type of service that you have requested from us. We collect personal information about our customers through our websites and in person, over the telephone and through travel agents. If you provide information to us about another person (such as a spouse, relative or travelling companion) then you are responsible for making that individual aware that you have disclosed their personal information to us and that we can use their information for the purpose it was intended to provide services requested.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information then we may not be able to:
- offer our services to you; or
- complete a transaction; or
- meet any special needs or requests you may have.
Uses of Information
The purposes for which your personal information will be used by us will depend on the circumstances in which that information is collected. We may use the personal information we collect;
- to assist in providing the services you request, including flight, car hire / transfer service, accommodation, tour, sports and event bookings and / or any other travel related or special assistance services;
- for identity verification purposes including for website access;
- to process any communications you request or are necessary;
- to provide electronic funds transfer services, credit card account processing and related services;
- to operate some corporate travel sales and fulfilment functions;
- to conduct surveys and internal research;
- to provide flight reminder SMS alerts and other electronic information services;
- to comply with laws and regulations in applicable jurisdictions;
- to identify and present offers from us or from third parties that may be of interest to you;
- any other use that you authorise.
If we disclose your personal information to third parties (such as data processing organisations) for any of the purposes described here, we will take reasonable steps, where we are in a position to do so, to require the third parties to strictly comply with our instructions and not use the information for any other purpose. We may share your personal information if required to do so by law, court order, subpoena or other legal process, as requested by a governmental or law enforcement authority, or when we believe in good faith that it is in the interests of aviation security or that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable. Disclosures may include the transfer of your personal information between countries, which is necessary for the purpose of completing the transaction and performing our services. These locations may include countries that do not have comparable laws protecting the privacy of personal information.
- You may access, correct or delete your personal information, at any time, by contacting us in writing.
- You may unsubscribe from our email communications at any time by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link in any BCD Sports emails you receive. If at any time you are unsure of how to access or to correct your information, please contact us.
- Our website is not intended for the use of minors under the age of 18. We do not knowingly market to, or solicit data, from minors. We cannot distinguish the age of persons who access and use our websites. If a minor (according to applicable laws) has provided us with personal information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact us to remove the relevant personal information.
- If you are of the view that we have breached your privacy, please contact us.
Protection of Personal Information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information we collect is secure, accurate and up to date and is protected against loss, theft and unauthorised use or modification. Whilst we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that we collect and accordingly, personal information you provide to us is provided at your own risk. Please contact us immediately if you believe that your personal information has not been protected.